These 304 stainless steel long tube headers are for the 1997-2004 LS1/LS6 Powered Chevrolet Corvette. Kooks builds all of their products to the highest standard, and these are possibly the best headers you can buy for your Corvette. These Off Road style headers (no AIR/EGR) feature 1 3/4" primaries, and 3" collectors with O2 Bugs welded into the merge collectors. With a proper tune at a dyno shop, these headers are good for 20-35HP depending on the vehicle.
To connect these headers to your exhaust, you will need a Kooks high flow X-pipe. These all 304 stainless high quality X-pipes come without cats (off road), or with Kooks high flow catalytic converters. On top of the standard rear O2 bungs, these X-pipes also include an extra O2 bung and screw cap for wideband tuning. The standard X-pipe size is 3" Inlet, 3" Center Section, and 2.5" Outlets to connect to your stock/aftermarket 2.5" axleback.
Which Header Size Should you Choose?
The 1 3/4" headers are intended for bolt on and mild internal engine work applications like a small cam. For cars modified on a higher level like heads and cam, nitrous, or supercharged, 1 7/8" Headers are recommend. If you are not clear on your future intentions, you can run 1 7/8" headers on a bolt on LSX motor with very little change in the power curve anywhere. Choosing the larger header size up front will give you room to grow with little downside in the short term.
What Sets Kooks Apart?
- Kooks is known for building the best high end consumer headers in the world. This header is constructed with the below high end features!
- Tig welded with all 304 (aircraft grade) mandrel bent stainless steel construction
- Integrated venturi merge spike for better savaging and less collector turbulence
- Primaries blended into the flange for better flow
- Leak Proof Ball Flange collector for trouble free ownership.
- Each primary tube is one continuous piece of tubing. Some competitors weld several pieces of tubing to create one primary, which is a weaker design.
- Quite simply...there is not a better header on the market!