SLP offers an all-new C6 composite hood with functional hood scoop to fit the 2005-2012 C6 Corvettes. This OEM quality C6 hood is manufactured using the same process that SLP used when manufacturing over 52,000 Camaro SS, Firehawk and WS-6 specialty vehicle hoods for GM and its dealers. This sleek and aggressive, functional hood scoop will definitely set your Corvette apart from the rest. The hood is designed to force cold air into the engine compartment, extracting unwanted heat. Manufactured from an OEM-quality resin transfer molding (RTM) process providing a stronger, more durable hood. An internal water control system is built into the hood, preventing rain and snow from getting onto critical engine components. OEM-style crush initiators are also molded into the hood, typically not found in aftermarket fiberglass hoods.
The hood is shipped to you (or your body shop) ready to prep, prime and paint. All necessary hardware, detailed instructions and a serial numbered authenticity plate are included.
SLP's C6 composite hood includes the following features:
- OEM styling, safety and performance benefits typically not found in aftermarket fiberglass hoods.
- OEM quality composite material utilizing RTM (Resin Transfer Molding) process.
- OEM style molded-in crush initiators.
- Same weight as stock OEM hood.
- Fully functional scoop forces cold air into the engine compartment, extracting unwanted heat.
- Internal water control system prevents rain and snow from getting onto critical engine components.
- A permanently attached serial numbered authenticity plate.
- Coated inner hood hardware with bump-stop receptacles.
- Accepts factory inner hood liner (needs to be cut to keep hood scoop functional).
- Easy, bolt-on installation requiring no modifications and maintaining all factory gaps.
- All hardware and installation instructions are included.
- 1 year warranty covering materials and workmanship.
NOTES: Trial fit all body components BEFORE priming and/or painting. When ordering a hood on our online ordering system, SLP requires a SHIP TO address of a business or body shop. SLP will not ship any hood to a home address. After you place an order for a hood, SLP will send you a confirmation that your order has been received. At this time, you must provide SLP with a correct business or body shop address. SLP will not ship the order prior to receiving that address.