The Escort Passport 9500ix radar detector adds security to your drive with GPS capability and a built-in database of speed traps and camera locations. You can program the detector to run at maximum sensitivity at highway speeds, then to move automatically to city mode when you slow down, eliminating false alarms caused by outside interference.
Database of camera locations
The Passport 9500ix comes with a preloaded database of safety, red-light, and radar camera locations across North America, allowing the detector to warn you as one approaches. You can download updates, back up your data, and maintain the database through Escort's website. You'll need a subscription and a Windows®-based computer to update the Passport 9500ix's database a free 90-day trial subscription is included with your purchase.
Store critical locations
Just tap a button on the nickel-plated keyboard to store locations along the road where the speed limit drops quickly, or where you might encounter heavy enforcement. The Passport 9500ix will warn you when you approach them in the future. Or press the mute button at the location of a known false signal the Passport 9500ix will remember the signal, muting the alert the next time you pass by. You'll hear an alert if another type of signal comes from the same location.
Outstanding radar and laser protection
The Passport 9500ix also offers Escort's trademark long-range protection against all-band radar and laser threats, plus invisibility to VG-2 detection. Its display offers a wealth of information, including your own speed. You'll hear the detector's alerts over road noise, thanks to automatic volume control. Escort includes a hardy travel case for portability and storage.
Traffic Signal Rejection
Escort's proprietary Traffic Signal Rejection software goes even further to reduce false alerts. It detects strong K-band signals emitted by common highway traffic flow sensors and weeds them out, eliminating meaningless alarms so you can stay focused on the real threats.
- radar/laser detector featuring GPS protection and preloaded database of red-light and radar cameras
- travel case and quick-release mount
- coiled SmartPlug cord with volume control
- digital voice and audio tone alerts for radar, laser, and POP
- camera database updates requires USB-to-mini-USB cable (not included) connection and computer running Windows XP or Vista
- camera database updates require subscription after 90-day free trial expires
- "Mark Location" feature remembers points for future warnings
- TrueLock feature remembers sources of false signals and mutes alerts
- Traffic Sensor Rejection software eliminates false alerts from roadside traffic flow sensors
- 3 sensitivity modes: automatic (speed-based), highway, and city
- 360 laser protection
- VG-2 immunity (invisible to radar detector detectors)
- 9 programmable features
- blue 280 LED alphanumeric display
- mini-USB data port
- dimensions: 3"W x 1-7/16"H x 5-3/8"D
- warranty: 1 year