Corvette C5 C6 News & Current Events
- The Rise and Fall of the C3 Corvette
- Easy and Affordable Vette Modifications
- Seat Belt Options to Keep Your Corvette Safe and Legal
- Cool Apparel for the Hardcore Corvette Lover
- Keeping Your Paint Job Looking Perfect
- Corvettes Through the Ages: Restoring a Vintage Car
- LED Taillights and Other Modern Options for Classic Cars
- Why a Car Cover Is an Essential Accessory
- Why the 2014 Corvette Stingray Is the Readers' Choice Favorite
- Ramp up Your Vette With Interior Accessories
- Unique Gift Ideas for the Corvette Enthusiast
- Choosing a Spoiler Kit for Your Corvette
- Famous Corvette Lovers and Their Cars
- Upgrading the Look of Your Engine
- What to Expect in the 2014 Corvette
- Choosing a Corvette Cover That Meets Your Style and Conditions
- Preserving a Piece of History
- Refine Your Ride
- Popular Modifications for Classic Cars
- Gift Ideas for the Corvette Enthusiast in Your Life
- Past and Present: The C6 Corvette Earns Fans Again
- The Original Corvette: The C1
- '53 Corvette: The Birth of A Classic
- The 1963 Corvette: A Year of Remarkable Styling Firsts
- Corvettes Through Time
Posted by Neal on 3/1/2014 to About Corvettes
Engine mods for your Corvette fall into two broad categories: performance modifications and dress pieces. If you want to boost power, speed or other aspects of performance, seek engine mods such as superchargers, upgraded intakes and harmonic balancers. However, performance mods are often quite expensive, and a more affordable option is to install dress pieces that make the engine compartment look great. These include liners, tank covers, box covers, painted caps, coil covers and lettering.
Interior upgrades come in several tiers of pricing as well. If you have a larger budget, mods such as leather upholstery make a huge impression. However, if you are seeking something more affordable, consider smaller touches that go a long way toward making your Corvette's interior look great. These include decals and overlays, trim, floor mats, cargo mats and upgraded switches.
You have numerous options modifying your Corvette's exterior on a budget as well. Make noticeable improvements with inexpensive items such as lens overlays, trim and decals.
The modifications available for high-end sports cars like the Corvette are virtually unlimited, which means that enthusiasts have great options in every price range. If you are working with a limited budget, consider making a number of smaller upgrades that collectively improve your Corvette's appearance and performance in a highly noticeable way.