Corvette C5 C6 News & Current Events
- The Rise and Fall of the C3 Corvette
- Easy and Affordable Vette Modifications
- Seat Belt Options to Keep Your Corvette Safe and Legal
- Cool Apparel for the Hardcore Corvette Lover
- Keeping Your Paint Job Looking Perfect
- Corvettes Through the Ages: Restoring a Vintage Car
- LED Taillights and Other Modern Options for Classic Cars
- Why a Car Cover Is an Essential Accessory
- Why the 2014 Corvette Stingray Is the Readers' Choice Favorite
- Ramp up Your Vette With Interior Accessories
- Unique Gift Ideas for the Corvette Enthusiast
- Choosing a Spoiler Kit for Your Corvette
- Famous Corvette Lovers and Their Cars
- Upgrading the Look of Your Engine
- What to Expect in the 2014 Corvette
- Choosing a Corvette Cover That Meets Your Style and Conditions
- Preserving a Piece of History
- Refine Your Ride
- Popular Modifications for Classic Cars
- Gift Ideas for the Corvette Enthusiast in Your Life
- Past and Present: The C6 Corvette Earns Fans Again
- The Original Corvette: The C1
- '53 Corvette: The Birth of A Classic
- The 1963 Corvette: A Year of Remarkable Styling Firsts
- Corvettes Through Time
Posted by Carlos Zamora on 5/28/2013 to About Corvettes
The Corvette seemed to mold itself into the fabric of the sixties generation. It was mentioned in songs and seen in movies. It had starring role in the television show “Route 66.” To many people the corvette became a symbol of independence and adventure on the highways of America.
The Corvette attracted dedicated followers and subsequent generations of car buyers have given their allegiance to this famous sports car. People don’t just want to own a Corvette; they also want other Corvette owners to know they have one. This level of pride has created clubs around the world of devoted Corvette owners. In the United States there are the National Council of Corvette Clubs as well as the National Corvette Restorers Society and more. There is even a National Corvette Museum located in Kentucky. There are several events dedicated to the Corvette held around the United States each year.
The Corvette is a vehicle with a history of being the car manufacturing industry’s technological forerunner. Innovations such as fuel injection, antilock brakes, stability control and more were first found on the Corvette. It is also a vehicle that was a pioneer in the use of lightweight materials to make sports cars.
The 2013 Corvette ZR1 is the seventh generation. It is able to provide lovers of speed the chance to go 200 mph. It is the fastest and most powerful Corvette ever produced. When it comes to luxury, it rivals other top name brand cars. Corvette enthusiasts may love the speed and luxury, but its 21 MPG highway makes nearly the perfect Corvette.